Over the last 2 weeks we’ve explored the rises and falls of the Roman and Mongol Empires, and continued to refine skills in analyzing historical narratives and information in various forms.
Now it’s time to pause and reflect on how all of this fits together.
For this reflection, complete the following 2 sections of questions:
You can answer in a write-up, an audio recording, or a video recording. Reference the assigned readings and appropriate Unit assignments to support your answer.
- What are 2 key things you learned about the Roman Empire in Unit 5?
- What are 2 key things you learned about the Mongol Empire in Unit 5?
- What is 1 key takeaway from the historical dataset annotation assignment?
During each annotation assignment, you’ve had the chance to engage with classmates’ analysis by offering comments and questions that build and expand on the analysis presented and by providing feedback. There will be 2 phases of peer feedback coming up for the final project: the workshopping and the project presentation feedback. To continue to improve peer engagement and feedback skills, let’s revisit the replies so far:
- Review past week’s annotations discussion boards. Choose the 1 best comment you received on your posts and explain why you appreciated it the most.
- Choose your 1 weakest comment to another group. Revise it with what you would say given what you know now and have learned. If you haven’t left a reply on any post to this point, pick a group’s post and write one now.
Turn In by Sunday, 11/1 at 11pm
- Write-up acceptable file formats: .docx, .odt, PDF, Google Doc.
- Audio recording acceptable file formats: .mp3, .wav, or link to file in Google Drive or OneDrive
- Video recording acceptable file formats: .mp4, .mov, .wmv, or link to file in Google Drive or OneDrive